Do you care about your oral health? Maybe you feel unsure about the best ways to prevent cavities or how to maintain a healthy, bright smile. The resources available for keeping our teeth clean are plentiful, but the sheer volume of information can sometimes feel a bit confusing. Luckily, our patients can keep their teeth healthy and shiny at home with a few simple tips and practices.
Why Is My Oral Health Important?
Brushing your teeth twice a day can help keep them clean and decay-free for long periods. While visiting a dentist for x-rays, cleanings, and fluoride treatments helps immensely, most patients only see their dentist once every six months. For this reason, strong, positive oral habits combined with a healthy diet can keep our teeth looking and feeling amazing!
Tips for Great Oral Health in Tamworth, NSW
We offer guidance to our patients, even when they aren't visiting our practice. Depending on the state of a patient's oral health, our recommendations may be different, but we maintain that keeping good oral health generally involves the following:
- Brushing and flossing regularly
- Using antibacterial mouthwash
- Wearing a custom mouthpiece to protect teeth at night if you suffer from conditions like Bruxism or TMJ.
- Maintaining a healthy diet with plenty of vegetables, water, dairy products and high fibre content.
- Avoiding habits such as smoking or use of tobacco products
- Eating foods with high sugar content or those that easily convert to sugar sparingly.
- Avoiding large amounts of coffee or red wine to minimize foofh staining
We recommend that our patients keep their oral health in tip-top shape to prevent more serious conditions like gum disease from manifesting.
Keeping our patients' teeth and gum healthy matters to us, and we strive to provide information that leads to positive choices that benefit their oral and overall health. We invite you to call our practice at (02) 6766 2668 for more information on keeping your smile healthy for years to come!